Friday, June 16, 2017

healing words-hope


Days:

Some days are like wells, the longer I stare into them the longer I wonder how far I can
 fall. Some days the darkness wants to swallow me, and others the light in the distance seems closer.  Yet I am falling, so how can this be so?

Some days are like meadows full of flowers and sunshine.  The deep colors and leaf filtered light reflected among the trees.  The darkness a distant memory hiding among the shadows.

The day I met you was like no other.  The Lightning flashed and the thunder boomed over the ocean, but I was unafraid.  You held my hand then, and when I questioned your legitimacy, you held me closer until I believed again.  I found that Jesus, I love you most of all.

The day I met my love was different too, it was the day I knew that my storm was over.  I knew that I was no longer falling in the well, but was climbing to the light, striving to find that glorious meadow.  I was no more afraid of the shadows darkness, but I took refuge in the cool air found within its embrace.  I fell in love with every aspect of my meadow, for it was you, it is you, and it you will forever be.  I am so grateful to be blessed with this knowledge.  

The hard days still come to pass, yet the storms cannot drown me even as they try.  The shadows still stretch and twist as the sun sets into dusk, but you are with me, my God and my meadow.  Each day that passes I look up to you, my God my Soul's protector, and as each day wanes I become more attached and blend further into this meadow I call home.  Embedding myself within the fabric of your soul, I realize it is love that made me whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment